Today I did a 10-miler on the River Mountains Trail. I started at around 6:25am, at a temperature of around 91 degrees. By the time I was done, around 9am, it was 96 degrees. I had to walk most of the last 2 miles; the heat really overwhelmed me, something I wasn't expecting, especially since the first 3 miles felt so great and I was very comfortable at my goal pace of 5.5mph. I don't want to start increasing my long run until I can run the 10 miles under 2 hours; I was just 2 minutes short of my goal last week, but this week things really fell apart.
As I sit here drinking a chocolate milk and filling my tub with icy cold water for my recovery, I am worried about the Goofy Challenge. Dary is still injured; we don't know what is going on, he's seen 3 different doctors. If he can't start training soon, I'm afraid he'll have to opt out, and I'm note sure I'm interested in trying to do this on my own. It was as much about doing something together, as a couple, as it was about anything else.
Sunday, July 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment